Terms & Conditions
Use of Vet Space Ltd software constitutes acceptance of our terms and conditions
1.0 Please note that you must have an active PMS (Practice Management Software) License in order to use the software. If the license is not renewed the practice must authorise deactivation of the software by the end of the invoice period.
2.0 The PMS License covers the following:
2.1 Permission to use Vet Space Ltd. Software for the invoiced period.
2.2 Support for hardware whilst it is under the manufacturer’s warranty, hence the material will not be charged. Thereafter charges will apply. Please note that the warranty on your hardware will commence from the date that the hardware order is placed with the manufacturer and not the installation date of your system.
2.3 If a unit needs replacing, then our ‘installation’ rate, not ‘support’ rate will apply and rates will be advised at the time.
2.4 All PMS Software upgrades are supplied as and when available; however a charge will apply for the engineer time to carry out this work.
2.5 Telephone technical support.
3.0 Support site visits will be made when necessary to resolve hardware problems, and ‘support’ site visit charges will apply.
4.0 We endeavour to do our best and answer basic questions on Microsoft products, however detailed Microsoft applications are not supported by us and support will need to be obtained direct from Microsoft (if any charges apply they will advise you on the cost.)
5.0 If third party software is installed without written consent from Vet Space Ltd, Vet Space will not be able to provide support under these terms and additional charges will apply.
6.0 Any modifications to the hardware or software we have supplied will result in the automatic cancellation of support by Vet Space Ltd and there will be no notification from the company of this cancellation.
7.0 Response to your calls will be made based on resulting SLA (Service Level Agreement). Whilst we are unable to guarantee time limitations, every effort will be made to answer your query as soon as possible.
8.0 If a site visit is required to discuss any specific requirements in addition to the existing specifications, or to provide training then our hourly rates will apply to cover engineer time and travel.
9.0 For Backup material sent for loading, checking and verifying that data is correctly backed up there will be a minimum charge at the time to cover the costs involved. All our costs are subject to annual change.
10.0 Whenever items are required to be shipped by a courier service (standard next day delivery) there will be a minimum charge at the time to cover the costs involved. All our costs are subject to annual change.
11.0 Accidental damage to the system by events such as vandalism, flooding, power surges and disturbance by any external sources will not be covered by this contract.
12.0 Remote Support is a requirement of Vet Space Ltd to enable us to provide you with an efficient support service. If remote support is not available this could cause delay with resolving any system issues.
13.0 If repeated site visits are required by Vet Space Ltd to resolve issues caused due to a third party, then Vet Space Ltd holds no responsibility and charges will apply for each site visit made by our engineers.
14.0 Computer Viruses are not covered on this contract and Vet Space Ltd reserve the right to charge accordingly if support is required.
14.1 Renewal of AVG Antivirus by Vet Space Ltd is strongly recommended and it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the software is regularly updated and the virus check is run to scan the system in order to detect all viruses. Please note that (as with all antivirus software) antivirus packages do not guarantee 100% protection against viruses and you may still get infected.
14.2 Vet Space Ltd will send AVG renewal confirmation and invoice one month prior to renewal.
15.0 We will provide support for hardware whilst it is under the manufacturer’s warranty, hence the material will not be charged. Thereafter charges will apply. Please note that the warranty on your hardware will commence from the date that the hardware order is placed with the manufacturer and not the installation date of your system.
16.0 Hardware is purchased with standard warranty (Servers purchased with 3 year warranty) and details are provided at quote stage. In the case of hardware failure during the warranty period, we will deal with the manufacturer on your behalf and decide on one the following courses of action; (1) send one of our engineers on site, (2) arrange for a representative to make a site visit or (3) arrange for a replacement to be shipped.
17.0 After 3 years, Dell warranty extension on Servers is mandatory and you will be notified when the warranty is due for renewal. Please note that warranty can only be extended to a maximum of 5 years under this contract; after this period we will not get involved with support of servers and you will need to replace your server if it should fail.
18.0 Any hardware purchased through a third party will not be covered in this contract.
19.0 Mice & keyboards are considered as consumables are not covered by the contract and in case of breakdown these will be supplied at sales price.
20.0 We will provide support of Dell and HP Laser printers (if purchased from Vet Space Ltd) for all other Laser Printers support will need to be obtained directly from the manufacturers.
21.0 Support of Label and Receipt Printers (if purchased from Vet Space Ltd) is included in this contact. The support of Label and Receipt printers will cease if label/receipt rolls are purchased from third parties as Vet Space Ltd can only guarantee the quality of label/receipt rolls supplied.
22.0 If Cash Drawers are supplied, locks are not covered by this contract and if replacement parts are required, Vet Space Ltd reserve the right to charge for parts used and/or a site visit at the standard rate.
23.0 This contract includes the support of the following services/features (if applicable/available to your practice):
• VETXML MODULE – This module includes eClaims, Microchip registration, Online Lab
• HEALTHCARE MODULE– If payment processing is required then a % Monthly Transaction Fee will be automatically deducted from all transactions processed by the practice. Minimum contract term of 12 months from date of activation. Automatic renewal unless notice is given in writing at least 30 days prior to renewal date.
• IDEXX MODULE – Minimum contract term of 12 months from date of activation. Automatic renewal unless notice is given in writing at least 30 days prior to renewal date.
• SMS (Texting) MODULE – This service is invoiced monthly at an agreed charge per text (max 160 characters per text), minimum monthly charge applies, per site.
Minimum contract term of 12 months from date of activation. Automatic renewal unless notice is given in writing at least 30 days prior to renewal date. Payment for Texting will be collected by direct debit on 1st of every month
• SAFEGUARD – Vet Space Ltd Safeguard is supplied at a Daily rate, per Server/PC, per Site. Invoices will be sent monthly (1 month in arrears). Invoices for this module will be collected by direct debit and you will be advised of the collection date on the invoice. Minimum contract term of 12 months from date of activation. Automatic renewal unless notice is given in writing at least 30 days prior to renewal date.
• SWIFT – Charged per User Device, per Month. Minimum contract term of 12 months from date of activation. Automatic renewal unless notice is given in writing at least 30 days prior to renewal date.
• PROFIT DIAGNOSTIX – Charged per Site, per Month – Minimum contract term of 12 months from date of activation. Automatic renewal unless notice is given in writing at least 30 days prior to renewal date.
• GAPI – Customer consent will be required for third-party access, prior to activation of this service.
• BROADBAND (if provided by Vet Space Ltd) – Services can be activated up to four weeks prior to installation in order for us to perform set-up and complete connection tests and you will be billed from the month of activation. We require 1 months written notice to cancel broadband services and a termination fee will apply. Please not that there is no guarantee of the continuity of the operation of broadband as we rely on third parties, who in turn rely on BT lines.
• POSTCODE MODULE – Is an annual fee that is required as per Royal Mail regulations and is subject to remote setup charges and annual increases. Minimum contract term of 12 months from date of activation. Automatic renewal unless notice is given in writing at least 30 days prior to renewal date.
24.0 Google Docs (if applicable) will be setup initially by Vet Space Ltd; however ongoing maintenance of the account will be the customer’s responsibility. Up to 15GB is provided at no charge; however once you exceed this amount you will be billed by Google. Please visit Google.com for more information on charges.
25.0 For VOYAGER CUSTOMERS: Backup is the responsibility of the Practice unless Practice is using ‘Vet Space Ltd Safeguard’ for each Server/PC. If you require assistance with backup, please contact the support department. With external backup devices, we recommend that media is sent to Vet Space Ltd to check back-up 3 times a year.
26.0 For VET SPACE LTD CUSTOMERS WITH ‘CLOUD SERVER HOSTING’: Backup (of Vet Space Ltd database only) is carried out remotely by third-party hosting company and no intervention is required from the customer. Please be aware that other files saved on your network are not part of this backup process.
27.0 The customer and Vet Space Ltd reserve the right to terminate the contract giving 3 months’ notice in writing, 36 months after the initial PMS installation date. Under 36 months both parties reserve the right to terminate the contract giving 1 month notice in writing. Vet Space Ltd reserve the right not to provide refunds/credits for payments already collected on this contract.
28.0 The annual renewal of the PMS License is subject to annual increase.
29.0 All invoices relating to your PMS License will be sent monthly (unless agreed otherwise) and payment will be detailed on the invoice. Invoices for other products/services will be billed in full (unless stated otherwise prior to order).
30.0 These terms and conditions can be reviewed at any stage by Vet Space Ltd. and if they are not acceptable to the customer, the customer reserves the right to give 3 months’ notice to terminate this contract.